Found a Ferret?
If you have found a ferret and aren't sure what to do with it, here are a few tips:
- Ferrets generally like their homes and wont go too far away - Try asking at any nearby homes if anyone knows who the owner is.
- Try taking the ferret to the closest vet - If the ferret has been microchipped there is a good chance they will be quickly reunited with their owner.
- If the owner cant be found, or you suspect the ferret has been dumped, please contact the Info Email, who will be able to assist you with finding a place to take it, or can arrange someone to pick it up.
- If the ferret is missing a lot of hair, has swollen crusty feet or generally looks in ill health, try not to handle it too much, as it could have mange another type of parasite which can be transfered to humans.
- If you are unable to contact the Welfare Coordinator, and aren't sure how to provide immediate care for the ferret, try reading our pages on feeding and caring or call any member of the Committee as they will be more than happy to give you advice and guidance.
- Add the ferret to the lost and found area of our website.